Resources for FAAB, Non-Male Identified People Who Want Top Surgery
This is a compilation of resources for female-assigned-at-birth (FAAB), non-male identified people who want top surgery. This document will include a list of surgeons who are willing to perform top surgery on genderqueer/non-male-identified people, as well as a list of blogs of people who want top surgery or have had top surgery but are not male-identified.
This information has been collected from a variety of sources. If there is something you see that needs to be added or corrected, please let me know. I want to make this list as comprehensive as possible!
The re-bloggable, Tumblr version can be found here. Please reblog it if you have a Tumblr – - I want this information to reach as many people as possible.
SURGEONS (Those who are italicized do NOT require a therapist’s letter)
- Medalie – Cleveland, OH – http://www.clevelandplasticsurgery.com/transgender-surgery
- Garramone – Sunrise, FL – http://www.drgarramone.com/transgenderflorida/ – Has been known to operate on explicitly female-identified people
- Raphael – Plano, TX – http://www.ai4ps.com/procedures/transgender/female-to-male-mastectomy/ – Has been known to operate on explicitly female-identified people
- Steinwald – Lake Forest, IL – http://www.lfplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/chest-masculinization.cfm – Has been known to operate on explicitly female-identified people
- Fischer – Timonium, MD – http://www.beverlyfischer.com/default.html
- Ceber – Melbourne, Australia
- Dr. Mclean – Mississauga, Ontario – http://www.mcleanclinic.com/ftm.php
- Dr. Brownstein – San Francisco, CA – http://www.brownsteinmd.com/ – Letter requirements depend on the patient – Has been known to operate on explicitly female-identified people
- Dr. Buckley – Minneapolis, MN – Letter requirements unknown
- Katy Koonce – Katy is willing to do phone sessions with and write letters for people all over the US. Her contact information can be found here: http://katykoonce.com/contact.htm
- Ceointhe415 – http://www.youtube.com/user/ceointhe415/videos
- Weirdopal1 – http://www.youtube.com/user/weirdopal1/videos
- Ashtreechill – http://www.youtube.com/user/ashtreechill/videos – A butch who has had top surgery
- PerpetualTomboy – http://www.youtube.com/user/perpetualtomboy – A straight, female-identified tomboy who wants top surgery
- Butchinthesouth – http://butchinthesouth.tumblr.com/tagged/top+surgery
- How to Bring Your Kids Up Queer – A blog written by Paige Schilt, whose wife, Katy Koonce, has had top surgery. Check the “gender” tag for relevant entries. http://howtobringyourkidsupqueer.blogspot.com/search/label/Gender
- Transbucket – http://www.transbucket.com/ – This site provides pictures of top surgery results. A login is required.
- WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgender Health) – This is a link to the new Standards of Care, which has provisions for gender-non-conforming people who want top surgery. http://www.wpath.org/publications_standards.cfm